Wednesday, August 1

Another Try

I've been trying some alternative forms of exercise to complement my Kettlebells, LA Fitness Yoga - just stretching, Dahn Yoga - good Ideas, but in practice not right for me. My final option was The "Hot" Bikram Yoga where the room is over 100 degrees.
I tried it today and it was fricken hard. A full hour and a half, 26 positions of which my body failed on several. I have some mobility issues in my left shoulder and also my hips and knees are very tight.
This inadequacy has affected my form on certain kettlebell moves. Enough so that I have to do something or my progress will be stifled.
A couple months of this and we will review my mobility issues.

Todays Workout -

Bikram Yoga
1.5 Hours
Never have I sweat so much!
Made it through class! Did evey move as good as I could.
Learned a thing or two about breathing and how that affects my strength.
Just about passed out twice!
Will add 2 to 3 sessions of week to my kettlebell routine.

No comments: