Tuesday, August 14

Back to 102 degree workouts

Houston is fricken Hot! Garage is hotter. I'm gonna find a church inside the inner loop, rent some space 3 days a week and start some classes there. I can't take the heat of summer....

Today

Warm Up

Jerk Set 5:00
7,7,6,6,6
2 - 16 Kg
Have not done this in more than a week. Felt good.

24 Kg One Hand Swing
25/25
Using too much arm on these.

16 Kg Bear Crawls
With a new improved blank position. Back is parallel to the floor.
Forward - Back. Repeat, Repeat, repeat! Get the most out of each move.

Kettlebell Push Ups

28 Kg Extreme Cleans
15/15

28 Kg Finishing 2 Handed Swings.
Till my form failed

Swim/Stretch

Less than 40 Minutes

3 comments:

juandissimo said...

Amen and me too brother! My garage is stifling - I've been thinking of seeing if I could make some sort of arrangement with my daughters gymnastics place (to use it 2 or 3 times a week when they don't have any classes in session). The floor is padded and its roomy, climate controlled, and best of all its a real gymnasium. Anyway, glad to see you made it back in one piece.

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Glenn,

Yes made it back...Took a look at your blog. You've made some real progress with the kettlebell. You have a good mix of cross training, body weight and kettlebell routines. How do you feel?

juandissimo said...

Tom,
I can not lie - sometimes I think I've pushed a little bit beyond what I should have and paid for it the next day or two (i.e., the 10 Ton Swing workout - I was wiped out) but by and large I can definitely tell my endurance has kicked up a couple notches. All in all the 16Kg still feels like plenty of weight with proper form.

I ordered a GymBoss timer today I'm really anticipating that it will help with my timed sets as I'll be able to focus more on form, and less on watching the clock.