Saturday, August 25

No Mental Prep

Tried the AOS Essentials test today. Thought I would walk in the garage and do it.

Wrong.

I didn't warm up, just starting doing it. I got almost all the way through the right portion of the test then realized I did one 30 second segments out of sequence...no big deal just kept going.

Then I was starting the left side and my mind was playing tricks on me. I thought I forgot the pressing segment on the right side so I just quit where I was at.

Mental Failure!

I didn't forget the pressing segment.

I didn't prepare mentally for this test. I worried more about the physical and the mental bit me in the ass.

Next time study the test better, practice in segments, get my head together and get it done.



The Essentials Test

Right Side Get Up to the standing locked out position.

30 seconds of High Pull then snatch

30 seconds of Press

30 seconds of Squats

30 seconds of Cleans

30 seconds of one handed swings

Transition drill - figure 8 to a clean ending with kbell in left hand

No comments: