Thursday, August 14

Repair The Knee


I've had a right knee issue since I was 19. Played hockey on it, had knee surgeries on it, but it was never quite right.
So I decided to have one more attempt at surgery. The doctor said this is the last ditch effort before he has to replace the knee. They don't make a bionic knee yet so this better work!

The surgery went as good as could be expected, but when you have advanced arthritis and your bone on bone, you can't expect miracles. The only miracle I discovered was the miracle of
rehabilitation or PT.

I've gone now for 3 weeks and my knee has never been stronger. Sure it still hurts and is not very smooth, but I can feel the progress. They have me doing stuff that helps to stabilize the knee joint, little stuff that seems easy BEFORE you try it. It's been a good experience to learn some tricks of the trade from another angle. Two more months and I might be able to skate again. The would be the best.

In the meantime I can get back to
kettlebells...

Starting at the beginning - 16 Kg

Slingshot L :60 Sec
Slingshot R :60 Sec
:30 Sec rest
Clean & Press L :60 Sec
Clean & Press R :60 Sec
:30 Rest
Snatch L :60 Sec
Snatch R :60 Sec
:30 Sec Rest
Darcy Swings :60 Sec
:30 Sec Rest
Swing, Catch & Squat-Thrust :60 Sec
:30 Sec Rest
Overhead Pulls :60 Sec
:30 Sec Rest
Lying Press L :60 Sec
Lying Press R :60 Sec
:30 Sec Rest
Circle Drill :60 Sec
Done!

No comments: