Tuesday, June 26

A Simple Test

10:00 Swing Test - How many 2 handed swings can I do in a 10 minute time period. Only 252. Over 100 less than I did 2 weeks before the RKC challenge in April.
I ask myself, why? I tell myself "Off Day you can do better". Well, thats true and not so true. Of course I can do better, but I didn't. End of story.
Life NEVER gives you a second opportunity to do something the first time!
In the weeks leading up to the RKC Challenge I was focused, committed and had a sense of purpose. I worked hard to get myself prepared. I had help from the RKC's at the Kettlebell Club, they basically told me where I needed help and to relax and enjoy.
I earned my certification and eased off a bit. Sure I was still swinging the kettlebell, but I lacked a true sense of purpose.
So here I am, a couple months past the challenge trying to figure out what the heck am I doing with the kettlebells.
It took a poor showing at the 10:00 Swing Test to open my mind.
I swing the Kettlebells because it makes me feel good! The more I push myself, the more I accomplish, the better I feel. It's not hard to figure out the benefits for me. It starts in the head with commitment, and spreads through the rest of the body...you just have to allow yourself to feel it!

Warm Up
10:00 Swing Test 252
Rest
3 sets of
5 - Military Press 24 KG L,R
5 - Bent Rows 24KG L,R
15 - 3 Point Push Ups (On a Kettlebell)
Rest
10 - Clean & Squat 28KG
10 - Sumo Deadlifts 2 24KGS
5 - Swing, Squat and Hold 24KG (10 Seconds)
Rest
3 - 1 Minute Kettlebell Plank Position
Stretch
Time - 40 Minutes
Rollerblade for 1.5 hours

3 comments:

Unknown said...

shake off the day. you will come back and be better another day!!
think of yourself like an athlete where things are a little off and your not on your A game. you'll get back on track. Why because your mind is focusing on it. try again in a week and drop me a line.
David RKC
nice workout!

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Thanks David...I will return to this test next week!

charley allen said...

It's good to have a baseline test to come back to from time to time. Sometimes having an audience gives an x repetition increase in effort.

David, stop by txkettlebells.blogspot.com sometime.