Thursday, June 28

Well, Well, Well

There seems to be a shift in the marketplace, or should say a new player on the field.
You know...All I care is, what's in it for me. How can I, and other kettlebellers benefit from this.
Dragon Door has been dominant, they have produced some amazing results for people of all ages, sexes and persuations. My hat is off to them! Pavel and the DuCane's got it down pat. They are very good! Success has its privilage.
This new player has some interesting differences. The "New Swing" for sure, the snatch, yeah, its based off the "New Swing", but what I got out of it was the pace of the workouts.
I rush through everything, so when I learned the method most used, time and rpm measurements, I kinda liked it. The new swing...you use "Pro Grade Kettlebells" and you grip it a little differently, with your fore finger and the thumb mostly and you let your head follow the kettlebell.
This seemed to put more emphasis on my hamstrings and gave me a little more momentum on the pull portion of the swing...and snatch!
RKC, AKC were all in it together, so I say experiment, find out out works for you. I plan to do what works...so in my mind, there is plenty of room for everybody!
Thanks for the Introduction Charley!

Todays Session:

Class at The Kettlebell Club

Attendance: 3 strong ladies, 1 man, 1 instructor.
Kettlebell weights were appropriate for the exercise.(Students Choice)
Warm Up
TGU no Weight 3 a side
TGU Weight 3 a side
30 Swings
Squat no Weight
Clean & Squat
Rest
Bottoms up Clean 5x2
Lying Press 5x2
3 point push ups 5
Rest
Sea Saw Press 5x2
Figure 8 to a clean & Hot Potatoe 5x2
Renegade Rows 5x2
Rest
Snatch H-5, M-10, L-20
Clean & Press H-5, M-10, L-20
Rest
Clean, Squat & Press into TGU 5 Minutes
Rest
Behind the head press & Sitp up 3x5
Stretch to finish

Then Charley came in for a little AKC action:
Lesson on the correct form to use - 20 minutes
Snatch timed sets 5 mintues
rest
Clean and Jerk (Short Cycle) 5 minutes
Rest
One Hand Swings 30 L, R

This was just an introduction. I liked it! I still need a little work on the form, but..I understand it.
RKC, AKC, Mahler and the rest, we are all moving the kettlebells. I see no real difference!
They all have a tremendous amount to give to this experience. Take what works for you!

No comments: