Friday, September 21

Surprise Snatch Test

Class at the Kettlebell Club today, surprise snatch test - Great...

I have not really focused on snatching for reps RKC style. So its good to get tested once in a while to keep ya honest. It was not a good showing.

Today at the Club -
Snatch test

Warm Up
20 Swings and a couple of snatches -
Test - 24 Kg
28/28
I had a number in my head of 28 and you know what - I made it to 28. I set my sights low and I made the number. Good and Bad. Why?
Good that I set a goal that I could reach and bad that I set it too low. I seem to fail at the number I shoot for, so I should have set my number at 36. I may not have reached 36 but I would have done more than 28 a side....anyway I will get re-tested periodically to keep my numbers increasing.

Today's Workout
Already warmed up
2 Hand Swings 20 reps
Turkish Get Up 2 a side
Low Windmill 3 a side

Repeat Twice
Bottoms Up Clean 10 a side
1/2 figure 8 to a waiters press 10 a side
Push/Pull 10 reps
Circle Drill to a squat 5 reps
KB curls 10 reps
Clean & Press Reverse TGU 3 a side
Sumo DL 10 Reps
See-Saw Press 5 a side

2 Hand Swing Finisher

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, now I know what I need to beat - ;) AND I will bring my own bell for the test, thank you.

Been a month since I have done 24/24, and I have had a quiet week of getting my groove back.

Are you going Saturday?