Monday, October 8

New Goal - 1000 Swings in One Hour

I finally have picked a goal - 1000 Swings in one hour. I was talking with Jay Armstrong RKC Team Leader about the 1000 swing challenge he was working on...he told me he hasn't made it to 1000 swings within the alloted 60 minutes. He is in GREAT SHAPE and I said that's hard to beleive he can't do it. He asked me if I've tried it....No I haven't. I hadn't even thought of it before.
So I decided to try it. 1000 Swings in 60 minutes is alot of swings....
I didn't want to set myself up for immediate failure so I set out to do 500 swings in 30 minutes. This is something that I knew I could do and it will allow me to gauge what this kind of test will do to my body. Where will I start to fail first? Hands, Arms, Legs, Breath or in the Head?
By the end of the 500 swings my hands and arms started to tire so I think thats what I need to toughen up to get to my goal of the 1000 swings.
Here's My workout:
Warm Up - I was very stiff today so it took me 1/2 the day to loosed up
Stretching, some swings, more stretching, more swings 3 hours later....
Two Handed Swings
24 Kg
50 Reps x 10
500 Total
29 Minutes

Plan to get to 1000 - Increase number of reps till I get to 100 swings, then repeat 10 times. Next time I will do 600 Swings - 10 sets of 60 swings.

No comments: