Monday, October 22

Whoa!

It's been almost a week since I last posted. Is that indicative of my training program? I hope not, I still have a lot of things to accomplish.
Recap -
Thurday 10/18/07
Class with Jay at The Kettlebell Club
- I was his lone student, this was kettlebell training at it's finest. One teacher, one student and one agenda - To test my ability to adapt and overcome new exercises. This was my most difficult day as a kettlebell student. No other people to blend in with or hide behind. Just Jay and me. He asked me to do exercises that I didn't think I could do, why? Because I had never done them before. He would show me something that looked awfully difficult and said "you do it". I said I don't know if I can...so I just did it. I found out the bodys' abilities can exceed it's percieved limitations. This is what kettlebell training is all about - to push past the mental boundries that the mind creates.

Saturday 10/20/07
Class at the Kettlebell Club
Taught 2 enrgetic students. One veteran and one new comer who has caught on on very quickly. Tested their ability to recover from one exercise to another. Finished with a 100 swing drill to find a weakness. The hands or arms, legs or the breath. It was the breath....

No comments: