Monday, January 7

20 Minute Long Cycle Attempt # 1

Some friends of mine participated in the 20 Minute One Arm Long Cycle competition at the World Champioships a while back. They both did very well and had an excellent time.
Charlie - said "Tom, you have to try it"!
I thought for a while and said to myself, there is no way I would make it... Yes I'm right, I probably won't make it, but that's not the point.
Today I walked into my garage and thought "what will it be today?" Time, Strength, Pure Cardio and burger at Sonic...
Out of nowhere came the "20 Minute One Armed Long Cycle".
Here it is.
Warm Up
20 Min One Arm LC 24 Kg
Switching Arms every 5 reps
I lost count at 100 and 120 reps....When I get a little fatigued, I screw up the counts. When this happens I have to go backwards. I can never assume the higher total. Its always the lower total.
125 total reps
16 Minutes
I was tired and I thought it best to listen to the body and put the kettlebell down.
The thing I learned today was that extended time sets expose any minor flaw in form. I noticed that my legs were the weak link here. Upper body was fine, lower body needs some work!

No comments: