Thursday, January 17

Knee Blew Up

I've have had a bum knee since a high school trampoline accident. I've learned to live with it. 2 surgery's on it, the last one about 2 years ago, but it has steadily gone down hill.
The Doctor told me I'm too young for a knee replacement so just grin and bare it till then.
I stayed away from the kettlebells for 9 days. As far as I'm concerned that 8 days too many. I was told too avoid any lifting and take care of the knee...
I'll just stay away from a few kettlebell exercises and get back on track with the rest of them.
One thing kettlebell training has taught me is that a person has to overcome obsticles and excuses. Sure I could relax and take care of the knee, but I choose to strengthen my body, mind and more specifically the knee.
The swing and snatch are great examples of exercises that don't strain my knee.
My knee is working again, no clicking or locking so its time to return to training!
Warm Up
100 Swings - 30 R, 30 L, 15 R, 15 L, 5 R, 5 L
Snatch set - 5 Minutes Fast Paced
One Hand Switch
100 Swings - 30 R, 30 L, 15 R, 15 L, 5 R, 5 L
Kettlebell Crunches
Halo's

Easy workout - just something to get me back in it!

No comments: