Wednesday, January 23

MaxVo2

I tried this MaxVo2 snatch exercise a while back. I tore my hands up pretty good. I only used a 16 Kg...I thought the lighter the better - for this type of exercise....
This time I chose a 20 Kg and prepared myself for some pain. Funny thing happened along the way. My snatch technique is much better than the last time I tried this little diddy.
It felt good. My hands are fine and I thought I could have gone futher.
Warm Up
20 Kg Snatches
15 Seconds Right
Rest
15 Seconds Left
Rest
23 Sets
Started out at 8 Reps, then went to 7 Reps
May speed it up to 8 or 9 Reps next time, or try a 24 Kg
Felt Good!

3 comments:

Anthony C said...

it's odd we both do KBs in houston and havent met. we should work out sometime.. i'm in the middle of town with a park in front of my house. we should rock a saturday session sometime.. what da ya think?

let me know.

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Anthony
I've read some your posts on your blog. Some pretty cool combinations you've come up with...
What have you planned for next couple of Saturdays? Do you plan ahead or just make it up as you go?
I can bring some kbells and we can go from there.

Anthony C said...

this sat (as in tomm) i am working all day BUT the saturday after that i am good to go. we could get going around ( or 10... thats about usually when i get to it. i pretty much just do whatever i come up with that day. at the moment saturdays are interval trainging day so that means KB circuits, tire flipping, and cardio/callisthenics...
bring the bells and lets get serious. if you have some heavy ones ie. 32KG and up bring em... i'll introduce u to my friend the tire..