Saturday, September 20

Whoa, It's been this long?

It has been this long since my last post.

Here's what I've been up to:
Knee Rehabilitation 3 times a week -
This has been an eye opener for me. I have done nothing in a long time to actually strengthen the knee and it's surrounding muscles. I've learned that my quad has been under developed, my hamstring is too tight and my muscles don't work very well as a group.

This has caused a lot of strain to the knee joint. I have a couple good physical therapists who have taught me exercises to regain my flexibility, mobility and most of all strength. An off shoot of this is probably the most important - Confidence in the knee!

This knee stabilization will be a continuing theme in most workouts going forward.

Speaking of..

Here is one work out I've used, from Jay Armstrong -

25 Swings
3 Bottoms Up Press a side

10 Push Ups
5 Hanging Presses a side
:30 Lying Static Hold Press
5 Clean & Press a side
Repeat 3 times

2:00 Circle Drill
2:00 1/2 Figure with 4 Bounces (Hot Potatoe)
4:00 Jerk Set

60 Thingy
12 Swings,Cleans, Clean & Press, Snatch & Swing

Inverted V's
Stretching

No comments: