Wednesday, June 24

Is it My Grip or is it my Hip?

Started out with the 15 seconds On/Off method of snatches. I like this method of exercise for 2 reasons.
1) Gets your heart rate up and keeps it there - MaxVo2 style.
2) Keeps your on task. Sometimes I stray if I don't have a plan.

However, I have a couple issues with this workout. I have no left hand yet so I just did the 15 seconds on/off with the right hand.

Bad Idea! - my hand is not in the best kettlebell condition and my form stinks. Too much arm and not enough hip thrust cause the grip to get too tight. I stopped before I ripped anything open.

I tried to work the legs and the hips to get the kettlebell up, actually planted my feet better than I have before. I tried to imagine my heels pressing through the floor. This helped but my gripped was still to tight...

Anyway - Need to practice more, exercise less!

Warm Up
15 Seconds On/Off
Snatches 10 Sets

50 - 1/2 bicycles
50 - Kettlebell behind the neck squats
50 - Inverted V's with slam ball
50 - Single Leg deadlifts

Just a prelude to the "Filthy Fifty" coming up next!
10 exercises with 50 reps each - Stole the concept from crossfit...

No comments: