Wednesday, June 17

Why Blog?

I work for a major sporting goods retailer and I talk to a lot of people everyday about fitness. You've got your gym rats, your crossfits, your treadmill & elliptical people and your muscle heads - I see and sell to them all. One thing is consistent with most of these people.

That they are fixed in what their doing, almost defensive about it. I bring up a cool "new" fitness tool called a kettlebell and they tell me they've never seen them before, and they don't see how they can fit them in to the training regimen.

Far too many people have never heard of kettlebells. I've talked with fitness trainers who have never heard of kettlebells.

How is this possible?

Exercise Ignorance is what I call it. People tend to believe they know everything. So when you tell them about this great form of exercise known as kettlebell training, they never have heard of it, so it must not be that good.

They are wrong!

Kettlebell training in itself is a great form of exercise AND can be added to any other fitness regimen seamlessly.

So I make it my mission to spread the word of kettlebells and track my own fitness journey of kettlebells, body weight and whatever else I run across.

Some posts will be educational, some will be WOD ( Workout of the Day) and some will be simple ramblings such as this one. All with the same message - Kettlebell training is awesome!!!

Go buy a kettlebell and get a certified instructor to get you started the right way!

You can find a list here www.dragondoor.com/rkc/

No comments: