Wednesday, March 18

30 Minutes of work

Too many modifications...


I've started this Crossfit Experiment to push my boundaries and self-imposed limitations. There is no substitute for someone telling/yelling at you to keep going.

Today was a 30 Minute time clock.

3 exercises to complete in one minute, 30 times. If you can't finish a set in 1 minute, then just count how many more sets you can do in the remaining time.

5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats

I have modifications to these exercises because I'm new and I suck at one of them.

I do the jumping Pull Ups. But that's where you start, then progress to bands, then on the the kipping style of pull up. The kipping style is really an explosive style of pull up. Done properly it's a full body exercise.

I always looked at the pull up as a static style pull - a dead hang pull up. Frankly it's not much fun, it's more of a strength developer so I ignored it...

I made it through the full 30 minutes but I used mods as we call them. I even went to the knees for the last 9 sets of push ups, but that was after 200 push ups!

The Jumping Pull Up is a mod. I should be doing the kipping pull ups. But I don't know how yet. I'm going to the park tomorrow to practice.

Even with the mods my body was toasted. My body feels worked!


No comments: