Wednesday, July 25

Stubborn is as stubborn does

A fellow kettlebeller made a point that you can get stronger using lighter weight. Of course I'm stubborn so I don't listen very well. Heavy is strong, heavier is stronger. Right?
Not exactly.
How you lift and the duration means everything. So I'm on this 24 Kg Man maker kick, 2 push ups, 2 renegade rows, jump forward, Clean & Jerk. I was going to do this for time. Get to 10 Minutes.
Day 2 of the 24Kg Man maker kick - I can get to 3 minutes before my form goes. The last jerk is shaky...and I'm spent. Time to re-evaluate.
Start over with 16Kgs. Get to 10, then go to the 24 kgs. Thanks Charley!

24 Kg Man makers
Jump back
Push Up
Renegade Row L, R
Jump Forward (feet land past the Kettlebells - better clean position)
Double Clean & Jerk
Repeat
Made it almost to 3 minutes. See above.

24 Kg Double kettlebell Swings
30
2 sets

24 Kg Jerk Set
20x20

24 Kg Bottoms Up Cleans
15x15

4 Point Push Ups (hands on 2 kettlebells)
20 x 2

Plank Variations to Fatigue.
Stretch

1 comment:

charley allen said...

Tom, if you need a pair of 16kg bells, I do have a single DD 16kg you can borrow to make a twin for yours. Let me know and I will bring it Saturday.