Tuesday, July 10

Go Light Sometimes!

Woke up on Monday morning with a little tingle in my left hand and up through my arm. I figured it was just because I slept on my shoulder wrong.
The tingling stayed through the day. I have been lifting the heavy Kettlebell more than usual and I know I should lift the lighter one on some drills, but I seem to grab the heavy one thinking its the right decision.
The tingling increased as the day went on. I not stupid, but I knew it was not serious so I went to the Doctor anyway just to rule out all the bad stuff.
She gave me an EKG and said I'm fine and to lighten up on the kettlebell lifting for a week or two. She said I had inflamed my left side and that I need to work with the lighter kettlebells more often...Always lifting the heavy stuff is not good for your body. I know what I lift is not that heavy, but the point was made.
Working with lighter kettlebells has many advantages....form improves, your body awareness is heightened and you get the same benefits as you do with the heavier kettlebell, that is increased strength and stamina.
So, taken it easy for a few days, then I'm going to play with the lighter kettlebells more often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better. I've had the same thing happen - pinched nerve in my case - but I got to spend a night in the cardiac care unit.

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Charley,

Its just a messege to use the 16's and go light on some days. I always say go Light, Medium and Heavy with your workouts, but I never seem to get to a Light session.