Monday, October 6

Knee PT

This is my last week of Physical Therapy for my Bum Knee that has been plaguing me for 20 years. I have no cartiledge on the outside of the right knee which causes in-stability in the entire joint. There is no cure for this short of... knee replacement, so the next best thing is to make it strong as hell.
I'm on that path. It will never be "good" again but my quest is to make it strong enough to use for exercise and some hockey.
The physical therapy has been an eye-opener. There as so many different ways to strengthen the knee joint that I never did before or even knew about. I was in therapy a long time ago and it was just straight leg lifts with weight.
We barely do any of that. It's more weight baring exercises, elastic bands, resistance cables, stability balls, steps, a 1/2 elliptical machine and my favorite.. the Bosu ball.
I'm on my own starting next week but I have a wealth of knowledge to continue my quest!

Today was:
Cybex Elliptical 10:00 Level 9
Stretch
Upside down Bosu ball with 2 ten's
15/15/15
Toss and catch from Tramp on Bosu Ball - `1 Leg
30 - Front, Side, Side
Quick Step Touches
15/15/15
Stability Ball One Leg bridges (Try to curl hamstring)
15/15/15
Ice!

No comments: