Wednesday, October 15

The Snatch Test..

How many can you do in 10 Minutes?

I can't do that many right now so I might as well start practicing. There are several ways to improve your snatch numbers, but you have to find what best works for you.

Here are some alternatives:
1. Start with a light kettlebell and work your way up to 10 Minutes with one hand switch. Once you've mastered the light kettlebell, go to the next size and start all over again. (GS Style)
2. Snatch 5 times then hold overhead for :30 seconds. Repeat each side for 10 Reps.
3. Use the MaxVo2 protocol - :15 Seconds On/Off work up to 20-30 sets

My plan is to use all of these... I like em all!

The real secret to the snatch is how you bring the bell down and the instant you bring it back up. If you can master these 2 sections, your numbers will sky rocket. Less hand trauma means better form and higher numbers.

I'm working on creating a smoother transition between the down portion and the up. Smoother - means no pulling against or jerking the kettlebell. Let it swing way back, loose its momentum, let it start to fall, THEN accelerate it's movement and get a good hip snap to bring it back up.

When this is done correctly there is less hand trauma and your numbers will increase. Seems pretty simple...

It's not for me. I rush through things. If RKC is "Hard Style" - my moto is "Hard Style-Real Fast"... Get's me into trouble...

Today was a short version of the Max Vo2

:15 On/Off
7 Reps L/R
10 Sets
20 Kg

Tried to change-up the hand positions to reduce the trauma - actually spread the trauma around. It helped a bit. I'm going to try getting the handle a little more into the fingers and keep it off the palm a bit more, even try a GS tip and hook the handle with my index finger on its way down.

Finished with some Core Work:
Wipers
Kbell Sit Ups
1/4 Get Ups

No comments: