Saturday, March 29

Battle Scars

Met up with some fellow kettlebellers Charley and Anthony in the city to exchange ideas, get a workout and have some fun. It was hot and the facility was perfect.
Anthony C. lives on a park that works perfectly for everything. He has this huge tire that he rolls out on the the open area of the park and incorporates it into his workouts.
How do you flip a tire your wondering? Is it a straight dead lift? No, not really. I listened to his instructions and watched him flip it. The instructions don't help until you actually tried to flip it. Dig your feet in, press your shoulders, neck and whatever else you can connect with and COMMIT. There is no half way mark of a tire flip. Just a beginning and an end. I liked it! It felt like a whole body move. He put the tire flip in a circuit workout.
20 Kettlebell Swings
Jog to next station
20 Push Ups
Jog to next station
1 Tire Flip (He took it easy on me)
Jog to next station
10 Burpees
10 Deck Squat (Used a 16 Kg on sets 2&3)
Jog to next station
20 Snatches
Sprint back to the start.
3 Sets

I have scraps and scuff marks on my shoulders where I made contact with the tire and my early morning class workout took its toll on me. I will give it a rest on Sunday and get back at it, on Monday.

No comments: