Thursday, March 13

Endurance has no weak side!

I've spent a lot of time increasing my endurance with the kettlebells, feels great! However I've noticed a decrease in overall strength.
Its a balance thing. Increased endurance can lead to a slight decrease in strength AND visa versa. An increase in strength can lead to a decrease in endurance.
So what does this mean to me?
It means that I need to create a more balanced workout regimen. Working both strength and endurance in more structured way. I'm not giving up my "free-for-all style" of workouts - I love just picking up a kettlebell and letting it take me through a workout - but I need to be more conscience of the long term physical consequences.
The reason for all of this - I am weaker on the left side than I should be.
Correct this imbalance. Work the left side more often.
Starts now.
Warm Up
1. 8 Minute Snatch Set 16 Kg
12 RPMs
2. Presses 5x3 24 Kg
Left side is weaker, but the more I press with it, the stronger it will get!
3. Deadlifts 28 Kg (Its the heaviset bell I have right now)
20/20/20
4. Bent Over Rows 28 Kg
7/7
5. 7 Minute workout 16 Kg
Pick up the kbell and don't set in down for 7 Minutes.
30 Sec Slingshot
30 Sec Figure 8's
30 Slingshot
30 Sec Figure 8's
30 Sec Swing, Catch & Weighter Press R
30 Sec Swing, Catch & Weighter Press L
30 Sec Snatches R
30 Sec Snatches L
30 Sec One Hand Swings R
30 Sec One Hand Swings L
30 Sec Clean & Press
30 Sec Clean & Press
30 Sec Clean, Squat & Thrust Press
30 Sec Clean, Squat & Thrust Press
6. Slingshot with the 28 Kg
7. Plank to finish

No comments: