Thursday, March 27

Old School

I came up through a kettlebell school in Minneapolis run by Ron Morris. He was something... teacher, leader, Vegas comedy sideshow act, Former Hells Angel Harley dude, he had it all!
He used to tap me on the shoulder and say "Tom, you need to get some strength".
There were 50 year old ladies next to me and he told ME, that I need to get some strength. He understood what it takes to succeed. He pushed the people that needed a push.
I needed that push!
One of his favorite drills is the Renegade Row/Manmaker. This has returned to the forefront of my kettlebell experience. Its hard, it's mentally draining and its feels great...when your done!
Real Warm Up
1. 8 Minute Snatch Set 16 Kg
12 RPM
- taped myself yesterday and saw some very lazy habits...did not lock the arm up top!
2. Man Makers Double 16 Kg
- Double Clean
- Squat
- Thrust/Press
- Set Down
- Jump Back
- Push Up
- Row L/R
Repeat
3x5
3. Renegade Rows - Forward/Backward
4. Plank to Finish

The Snatch Set was better than I can remember, in part by the fact that I locked my elbow and saved some energy. When you do not lock the elbow it takes more strength to hold the kettlebell up top. When you can, use your body dynamics (Skeletal Structure) to support the kettlebell, it will save your strength!

The Rows - Holy Shit! This is what has been missing from my routines. The rows nail my midsection and it feels really, really good when the workout is over.
Here it is 4 hours later and my core feels great!
Try the bear crawl with a couple 16's. Start with the lighter bells, you'll be surprised at how effective the light ones can be!!

No comments: