Sunday, August 2

Back to the Club

I've had some great workouts the last year but I tend to focus more on workload and effort than the way in which I do it. I'm not saying I ignore my form, I'm just not good at objectively looking at my technique and coming up with ways to correct them.

So it's time to go back to the Club that helped me the most. Houston's "Kettlebell Club" and Jay Armstrong RKC Team Leader. Along with David Cogswell the club is a great place to get your workouts in and get the corrective coaching necessary for a safe and healthy journey to physical fitness.

Today's workout was a simple 5 circuit season. Only 3 reps per side per curcuit. You can go real heavy for more of a strength workout, or light for more of a cardio workout.

Opened with some great Full Body mobility work, then some swings to warm up.

Circuits
# 1 - Overhead Pulls
# 2 - Lunge Press - Knee and feet all in 1 line. Opposite knee in lunge position.
# 3 - Pull Ups
# 4 - Lying Press
# 5 - Snatches

Finished with 10 Minutes of Snatches
20 a side and switch.
I failed on the left side and had to put the bell down for a few seconds.

Things I came away with -
I was tucking my neck on the swing. Keep the chin up a bit.
On the snatch
- Initiated the decent by pushing your rear back.
- Catch the kettlebell on the way down with your legs and hips.
- Keep the handle square as it goes through your legs, this will help keep your shoulders square and reduce any upper body twisting.

End with some light stretching.

A good day at the Club!

No comments: